When I execute the application using the code excerpts shown below, the vertical scroll bar never appears, whether I add enough text to overflow the clip view, or resize the scroll view by resizing the window so that the existing text no longer fits within the clip view. All of the scroll view mechanism except for the display of the vertical scroll bar works as expected, since I can scroll vertically with the mouse scroll wheel.The horizontal scroll bar appears and disappears when I resize the scroll view horizontally. Changing the sequence of the "set..." messages, or issuing: [scview setAutohidesScrollers:NO] has no effect.

        scrollSize  = [NSScrollView frameSizeForContentSize:NSMakeSize(tvw,tvh)

hasHorizontalScroller:YES
                                                        hasVerticalScroller:YES

borderType:NSLineBorder];
        scview = [[[NSScrollView alloc] initWithFrame:

NSMakeRect(15.,15.,scrollSize.width,scrollSize.height)]
                                          retain];
        [scview setBorderType:NSLineBorder];
        [scview setAutoresizingMask:NSViewWidthSizable+NSViewHeightSizable];
        [scview setHasHorizontalScroller:YES];
        [scview setHasVerticalScroller:YES];
        [scview setAutohidesScrollers:YES];
        [[window contentView] addSubview:scview];
        textView = [[NSTextView alloc]
                initWithFrame:NSMakeRect(0.,0.,tvw,tvh)];
        textc = [textView textContainer];
        [textc setWidthTracksTextView:NO];
        [textc setHeightTracksTextView:NO];
        [textView setHorizontallyResizable:YES];
        [textView setVerticallyResizable:YES];
        [textc setContainerSize:NSMakeSize(FLT_MAX,FLT_MAX)];
        [textView setTextContainerInset:NSMakeSize(0.,0.)];
        [textc setLineFragmentPadding:0.];
        [textView setFont:fixed];
        [scview setDocumentView:textView];

Does anyone see what I'm missing?