Thanks for sharing your code, George.

Is there any way to access AirTunes with Objective-C / Cocoa or AppleScript? I've seen some information on daap that allows the use of AirTunes, but it's a private API, so I'm hesitant to use it, even for my own personal projects. Although, given the fact that it apparently hasn't changed much since iTunes 4, it seems unlikely that Apple would make any sweeping changes.

I read somewhere that Apple had planned on making the daap API public years ago, but I guess either that information was incorrect or they had a change of heart.

It'd be nice to see a Cocoa-native iTunes 9 with a Core Data database to coincide with the release of Snow Leopard...