Take a look at an application I publish called "Script Timer". It will do what you want. It has a wide variety of scheduling options: specified time of the day, week, month, or year, on a repeating interval, and when certain events occur such as the start or end of idle of your computer, as well as 6 other events. More details can be found at <http://www.appsandmore.com>.

Scheduling an Applescript using iCal is another possibility, though less convenient in my (probably biased) opinion.

As Jerry points out, unless your program automatically runs the desired task when it launches, that task will have to be Applescriptable. In that case you would schedule your script with Script Timer, iCal, or launchd.

Don Hall