On Jul 21, 2009, at 9:17 AM, Stuart Malin wrote:

I now cache the last size given to the -setFrameSize method, and don't perform my testing for row height changes if the width hasn't changed, so I am no longer incurring that calculation cost.

Question 2 --> Is there a better way to configure the single column's resizing mask to avoid the double call?

My bad -- I figured out an answer to the second question after posting...

Since I have only one column, I now set the columnAutoresizingStyle of the TableView to NSTableViewFirstColumnOnlyAutoresizingStyle

In the past, I had multiple columns, and had instead set this to - NSTableViewSequentialColumnAutoresizingStyle

I guess that the TabbleView doesn't notice that there is only one column, and so it was generating two resizing calls.