FTA:

Adding parent == nil to the fetch predicate in IB solves this problem. Replace parent with your relationship name.

-Daniel

On Jul 23, 2009, at 3:32 AM, Daniel DeCovnick wrote:

Hi all,

Subject is pretty self-explanatory. The problem: I don't want that behavior.

A little longer explanation: The data is a CoreData entity with a self-referencing children-parent many-to-one relationship, which can go arbitrarily deep. The problem is, when call addChild: or insertChild: instead of only appearing one level down, the new instance appears at the top level as well. Likewise, if I make a child from a node on THAT level, the child appears 3 times, once where it's supposed to be, once in the top level, and once one level below its parent's instance at the top level.

I get the feeling there's a simple fix for this, but I can't figure out what it is. If it's relevant, I'm not calling add/insertChild: (is there a difference, BTW?) in code, but rather hooking up a button to the treecontroller directly in IB.

Thanks,

Dan

Daniel DeCovnick
danhd123 at mac dot com