>On Jul 25, 2009, at 1:17 AM, lorenzo7...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I'd like to add unit testing to my app, but I'ma little bit unclear
>> on the concept. I've looked at Apple's docs on the Sentest framework
>> and had no trouble getting the sample project working, but I lose it
>> when translating the concepts to my particular application. I've
>> seen some sample projects around the net that use the Sentest
>> framework, but the the unit tests are trivially simple, asserting
>> that 1+1 = 2, for example. What I really need is a sample project of
>> some complexity that uses real unit tests against the project. Can
>> anyone help me out here?

This is not exactly unit testing per se, but if you want to exercise your
app thru its interface, you might want to consider GUI scripting. With GUI
scripting you can both drive and read an application's interface through
Apple events. One good way to implement a battery of GUI scripting tests is
with rb-appscript. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!