Replying to myself:

- (void)tableView:(NSTableView *)aTableView
  willDisplayCell:(id)aCell
   forTableColumn:(NSTableColumn *)aTableColumn
                          row:(int)rowIndex;

The function above works perfectly, but the problem reason was in the incorrect receiving of the selected row index. I wrongly assigned it, as a global variable, within a function, which updated my table data on timer. therefore the selected row index value was changed on timer, but not on real selection change. why didn't 5 set the assignment in the tableViewSelected: action, going from tableView? Really, I did it. But unfortunately this action raises on the mouse clicks only. Keyboard clicks are passing by this action.

Fortunately I've found a solution, that really works. I've registered an observer for NSTableViewSelectionDidChangeNotification notification, and now every change of selection is processed.

I believe, the question is closed.

Thanks.