Hello cocoa-dev,

Basically, i'm trying to do a little debug console. I'm using the NSTextView in
NSScrollView from Interface Builder.

I've got a Print member in my window's controller class which basically does:

[TextView setString:[[TextView string] stringByAppendingString:newString]];

What I want is for the horizontal size of the NSTextView part to expand to the
length of the string. I'm guessing NSTextView already knows about \n and how to
make a suitable rectangular area out of a string.

I've set the Text View portion to be horizontally and vertically resizeable.
I've also made sure it's only autosizing vertically, so that the Scroll View
will show a horizontal scroll bar.

By default, it doesnt work. I add text with Print, and it always wraps. If I
size my window (which resizes the ScrollView) wide enough, the text goes onto
one line. When i size it smaller, the horizontal scroll bar appears as expected.

I have tried calling sizeToFit after the setString, but it doesn't do anything.

This is probably a really simple job, but i'm out of ideas! I'm just starting
with Cocoa, really.

--
Best regards,
 Peter                          mailto:darkmat...@blueyonder.co.uk