On 31.07.2009, at 23:09, Daniel DeCovnick wrote:

Correct in practice, although the principle is more that preferences shouldn't be that onerous to change back to how they were. The lack of needing to click "Apply" helps here too: since each change is reflected instantly, if something goes horribly wrong, the user knows EXACTLY what made it go horribly wrong. Feel free to implement the Windows way (just keep an NSMutableDictionary in your app delegate that updates whenever the preferences window is opened, and syncs back to the user defaults when cancel is clicked) if your preferences are extensive enough or changes to them destructive enough that you need it.

OK, understood it. I just would like to know what is the usual approach here. I believe I know it now.

Thanks.