Hi,

In days of yore, when sending an AppleEvent with AESend, you could use an AE
idleProc to allow for cancelling the event if you had reason to bail. The
parameters also pass you an EventRecord and you are expected to handle
window update events.

Now, I have a Cocoa app that has to send an AppleEvent with no timeout
specified.  It should only bail if the event fails or the user cancels.
Apart from using an AE idle proc, I can't see how to make this happen.

All of my relevant AE occurs on the same subthread.  That thread is blocked
waiting for AESend to return with a reply.

I assume the idle proc is called on the main thread.  I have no idea what to
do with the EventRecord, if I should do anything that concerns Cocoa.

In my Cocoa app, can I use this idle proc and just ignore the EventRecord?
I don't see a Cocoa API that would allow me to pass the event to it.  Is
this even relevant without Carbon windows?

Maybe there is a better way to go at this.  Can someone de-fuzz things here
from me?

Eric