I'm trying to get a value for a specific variable to tell if a transaction is complete on iphone. In the didFinishLoading delegate method I have placed this code:

NSString * aString =[theWebView stringByEvaluatingJavaScriptFromString :@"document.getElementsByName(\"encrypted\").value"];
        NSLog(@"AString: %@",aString);

The string is empty. I get nothing although I clearly have a field variable named encrypted in the html source of the page it is loading, and that field has a value because I have assigned it the value "Success!"
So I am concerned... What am I doing wrong?

I've spent half the morning googling examples, and looking on the developer site and all the examples and information tell me that my code should be good but it isn't.