I am implementing a non-editable custom table view cell (a bit similar to
the network connection listing in the System Preferences Network preference
pane) in a single-column, no header NSTableView.

The cell consists of an image, another image, two stacked strings (left
aligned), another string (right aligned) and a custom-drawn graphic:

      .------..--------------------------.                   .------.
  .--.|      ||                          |.-----------------.|      |
  !__!|      ||--------------------------|!_________________!|      |
      !______!!__________________________!                   !______!

  Img  Image   Strings                                String  Drawn

At this point, I've all the icons and graphics drawing correctly and the
text displaying with attributes (i.e. inverting when selected, etc.) using
drawAtPoint:withAttributes:.

However, with regard to the strings, particularly concerning the
right-alignment of the non-stacked string, nudging around the X points to
achieve the proper right-alignment seems like the wrong way to approach this
and that I should be specifying NSTextAlignment in some way when the string
is drawn.

In addition, paragraph style attributes (NSRightTextAlignment or
NSLineBreakByTruncatingMiddle) seem (perhaps unsurprisingly) to not apply to
drawAtPoint:withAttributes:.

Do I need to create or should I instead be creating three NSTextViews, one
for each string, and adding them as subviews to my custom cell's view rather
than trying to use drawAtPoint:withAttributes:?

Regards,

Grant Erickson