I have a simple view transition, and am using a slide transition in combination with NSView's replaceSubview: with: method to swap a view's subviews. The problem I'm running into with this transition in particular is that it doesn't clip to the parent view. The views that are being swapped in are only clipping at the bounds of the window and not the view and the animation looks bad because there are other buttons, and textfields that are getting covered, etc.

I see that CALayer has the maskToBounds attribute that clips the content of the layer. I can't find anything analogous for an NSView or anything associated with the animator proxy that fits.

Anyone else run in to this problem?

--
Evan