On 2009 Aug 11, at 11:32, Squ Aire wrote:

The question is: How can I set the name of the undo action to "Modify Name" using setActionName of the MOC's undo manager just before the user changes an employee's name in the table view (or by any other means)?

Do I have to subclass the MO and override the accessor methods?

Custom Accessors.  That's the way I've done it.

Sounds like an inefficient way just to get undo action names looking good...

I agree, although my custom accessors also perform other business logic, which seem just as inefficient.

I've concluded that, despite the "You do not need any of these" warning you get from Xcode's menu Design > Data Model, you're going to need lots and lots of custom accessors by the time you finish any serious Core Data application. Just get accustomed to it.

any other ways?

Good question.