Do you have headphones plugged in? There is no speaker on the original iPod Touch, so there is no applicable volume unless headphones are plugged in.

Luke

On Aug 14, 2009, at 8:27 AM, Eric E. Dolecki wrote:

I am using this code in my viewDidLoad (I am targeting 3.1)

MPVolumeView *volumeView = [[[MPVolumeView alloc]
initWithFrame:volumeSlider.bounds] autorelease];

[volumeSlider addSubview:volumeView];

[volumeView sizeToFit];;

volumeSlider is a UIView set up in IB.

All I see is "No Volume Available" - I don't see a slider at all. What might
cause this? Running on a 1st gen touch.

This email sent to luket...@apple.com