On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 10:31:35 -0600, David Springer
<dave.springe...@gmail.com> said:
>Folks,
>
>I recently switched to using an .sdef in my Cocoa app for defining AS event
>handlers.  The problem is that suddenly it looks like my app defines the
>property 'points' and this breaks other apps which send AS events to mine.
>
>In my .sdef, I do not define a 'point' or 'points' property, nor do I do
>this in code.  When I use Script Editor, it shows that 'point' is a keyword
>but 'points' is not, unless my app is running.
>
>Any clues as to what is going on here?  Is there a way I can "undefine"
>'points' in my .sdef, or in code?  Is there a way to debug this, either via
>Cocoa APIs or some tool that shows me what properties are being set by which
>script/script addition?

"Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I go like this!"

"So don't go like that!"

(1) The term "point" is already defined by AppleScript. That means that so
is "points". You've created a terminology conflict.

(2) When you use the sdef format, generation of plurals is automatic. So
switching to sdef probably uncovered this problem whereas previously it was
masked.

(3) I wrote a book that might help you. It tells you why it's important to
avoid terminology conflicts, how to learn that "point" is already a defined
term, etc.

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!