On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Sean McBride<s...@rogue-research.com> wrote:
> This bug has been there since 10.3.  I wish the documentation mentioned this.

http://developer.apple.com/releasenotes/Cocoa/AppKitOlderNotes.html#X10_3Notes

"NSControllers ignore the options that can be passed to the
-addObserver:forKeyPath:options:context:context: method. So even if
you register observers with the NSKeyValueObservingOptionNew or
NSKeyValueObservingOptionOld options, you will not receive the values
in the change dictionary of the
-observeValueForKeyPath:ofObject:change:context: calls. This is
usually not a problem, but if you rely on receiving those values, a
workaround may be to observe the model objects directly."

Like I said, incredibly frustrating.  Also poorly documented.  And no
explanation is given.

--Kyle Sluder