---

#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>

int main (int argc, const char * argv[]) {
   NSAutoreleasePool * pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];

        NSString *halo = @"Hello, Wörld!";
        NSArray *array = [NSArray arrayWithObject:halo];
NSDictionary *dictionary = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObject:halo forKey:@"halo"];
        NSLog(@"%...@\narray=%@\ndictionary=%@", halo, array, dictionary);
        /* I got on Leopard 10.5.8/Xcode 3.1.2:
2009-08-16 16:45:39.886 WhyDoWeHaveWeirdEncodingInCmdLineOut[2436:813] Hello, Wörld!
        array=(
                "Hello, W\U00f6rld!"
        )
        dictionary={
                halo = "Hello, W\U00f6rld!";
        }

Problem: HOW can I get the SAME NSString description output within the array/the dictionary description output??? I need a real unicode character instead of '\U....' for a 'real' stdout in any NSString encoding but not in the given one (see my example). (Is this a known description issue? Or a feature which NSString - description does not have?) Could a NSArray/NSDictionary -descriptionWithLocale: with the right setup help?

        */

   [pool drain];
   return 0;