There seems to be a bug in NSTableView handling with Snow Leopard. It's not a problem with the dev tools themselves, rather the way the operating system handles the table view object.

When using a NSTableView with the "Source List" style, you cannot make an empty selection with the table view no matter what you do. Even if "Empty selection" is allowed in the table view, and "Avoid empty selection" is disabled in the array controller (if you are using one), it will not allow you to make an empty selection.

However, after switching back to the Regular table view style, the problem no longer appears to happen. I confirmed that this was a problem with Snow Leopard by taking the exact same xcodeproj and then building it on Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8, and the problem with the source list does not exist. To make sure that it wasn't a problem with the Snow Leopard dev tools I copied a built .app file (that works fine in Leopard) to a snow leopard system and the problem appeared.

This was tested on the latest build of 10.6 (build 10A432). I'll file a radar for this ASAP. Meanwhile, can anyone else confirm this problem?

Thanks