On Aug 19, 2009, at 2:50 PM, Ben Lachman wrote:

I have an offscreen window containing a WebView that I'm using to generate web previews. My current code works beautifully and looks like this:

        NSView *view = previewWebView.mainFrame.frameView.documentView;

I do something similar, although using the frameView directly (and drawing to a CGContext). Do you really need to draw the documentView?

However, I'm really only interested in the first page or so of data. So I figure I just make targetRect smaller by making the height the same as the width (if it's larger) prior to creating the image rep, like so:

        if( NSHeight(targetRect) > NSWidth(targetRect) )
                targetRect.size.height = NSWidth(targetRect);

This either produces an empty image rep or a chunk of the image the size of the intersection of the visible area of view and the rect you'd get if targetRect was aligned to the bottom left (however view is flipped). Manipulating targetRect doesn't seem to help.

Have you tried sending -layout to the documentView before drawing? Safari 4.0.3 broke my code (I started getting blank image), and that was the workaround I came up with.