On Aug 20, 2009, at 3:41 AM, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:

The -[NSWindowController loadWindow] methods says you can call - [NSWindowController window] to load the window, so I don't think it should be an issue..

Just a point, I think that in NSWindowController it may be better to initialize dependent stuff in -windowDidLoad, especially if you want to access the window object. I remember I encountered some issue using awakeFromNib some time ago but don't remember exactly what it was.

Hmmm ... I'd love to hear the details of the problem if you remember it. "Conventional wisdom" says -awakeFromNib. I haven't had the time yet to re-read the relevant docs to examine this more closely. Maybe later today.

--
I.S.