On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Oftenwrong
Soong<oftenwrongso...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The nib file's owner is the view controller, not MyDocument. Is it best to
> bind to my model via the view controller's representedObject?

That's what it's for.

> Also I'll need a few Target/Actions. Should I subclass NSViewController, put
> the actions in the subclass, and then forward them to MyDocument? Or is there
> a nicer way?

Typically people patch the view controller into the responder chain.
Even with that—and even programs that don't swap views around at
all—sometimes your window or view controller will need to respond to
an action and then turn around and send out a different action to a
specific object.

--Kyle Sluder