Everything I.S. said is true, and as far as I know you're out of luck.

You might want to log into Bug Reporter and "second" my bug 6857142:

05-May-2009 07:05 AM
Jerry Krinock: Summary: Core Data's fetches cannot handle arbitrary predicates produced by NSPredicateEditor

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Begin designing a data-based application with the intention of using the latest and greatest technologies Apple has provided.

2. Manage data using Core Data.

3. To maximize the application's search capabilities and reduce the amount of code necessary to write, add NSPredicateEditor to user interface.

4. Write code to implement the search. To allow scaling up to large data sets without bumping into user RAM limitations, instead of fetching all objects from the store and filtering using -[NSArray filteredArrayWithPredicate:], create an NSFetchRequest and - setPredicate to the objectValue of NSPredicateEditor.

Expected Results:

Everything should be cool.

Actual Results:

From "Core Data Programming Guide", "The Core Data SQL store supports only one to-many operation per query; therefore in any predicate sent to the SQL store, there may be only one operator (and one instance of that operator) from ALL, ANY, and IN." Since NSPredicateEditor can produce predicates with more than one ALL, ANY or IN operator, this app is not going to work.

Notes: I have used sqlite3 directly myself and don't recall any limitation on the number of ALL, ANY or IN clauses. So maybe Apple could fix this.

https://bugreport.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/RadarWeb.woa/wa/signIn