On Aug 25, 2009, at 8:29 AM, Graham Cox wrote:

On 24/08/2009, at 5:57 PM, Behrang Saeedzadeh wrote:

Hi all,

What's the purpose of the "fax" received action in NSTableView and is it
documented somewhere at all? Did a quick search
and couldn't find its documentation.

Not sure where you're using this as it's not in my headers for NSTableView.

I'm guessing Behrang saw it in IB. If I Control-drag from a button to any view I see fax: among the possible received actions.

I think once upon a time "Fax" was a button on the print dialog. At least that was true on the NeXT. Now, instead, "Fax PDF..." is an option under the "PDF" button. I suspect this is an accidental leftover in IB -- probably worth a bug report. From a quick experiment, fax: seems to be a no-op, not even generating a log message.

--Andy

In fact the only place that mentions it at all is NSView:

/* Printing action method (Note fax: is obsolete) */
- (void)print:(id)sender;

So I think there's your answer...

Does anyone fax these days? Seems so.... 1980s.

--Graham

This email sent to ag...@mac.com