On Aug 26, 2009, at 12:47 PM, Sumanth Peddamatham wrote:

NSBeep().

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Miscellaneous/AppKit_Functions/Reference/reference.html#//apple_ref/c/func/NSBeep

That doesn't let you control frequency or duration. It merely triggers the user's chosen default sound. Further, the link you provided is for ApplicationKit, which isn't part of the iPhone API.

  In short, I don't think this addresses the OP's question.

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/search/search.php?Search=beep

... turns up nothing promising. I think the OP will have to either settle for pre-recorded sound files or generate the sound with Core Audio in this case.

--
I.S.