Running into a problem getting my application to run under Snow Leopard.

In this case I have an outline view with a data source. The method, outlineView:dataCellForTableColumn:item: is being repeated called on my delegate with a null tableColumn, not just the first time as the documentation states. The code returns different cells based on the column, but its never passed the tableColumn.

This code works fine under Leopard.
The code is not multi-threaded. I can't think of anything overly complex or unusual in the code.
Worse. Its intermittent. Sometimes it does work.

Does anyone have any ideas what could make it behave intemittently? I don't have multiple threads. I don't know what other timing issues could be at work. I've debugged code so that I know the data source have the data available, but its never getting asked for it.

The end result is an empty outline view.

Thanks!