On Aug 28, 2009, at 2:41 PM, David Riggle wrote:

Anybody know where that symbol was defined in 10.5?

I don't think it was. OpenSSL does not have a stable API, and from what I understand, it won't until version 1.0 ships.

I really don't like this Frankenstein's SDK that I'm having to cobble together...

Here's the problem. Snow Leopard ships with OpenSSL 0.9.8, with a universal 0.9.7 and PPC32-only 0.9.6 thrown in for backward compatibility reasons. The 10.6 SDK comes with the headers for 0.9.8, but not 0.9.7.

So if you need to use libcrypto 0.9.7, you must use the Leopard or Tiger SDKs. You can't use the Snow Leopard SDK and libcrypto unless you want to make your software require Snow Leopard. (You could try moving and linking things around, but then who knows what you'll break...) If this is going to be a problem, then you might want to consider using an alternative cryptography engine.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>