I just created a fetch request template in my MOM that looked like:
SUBQUERY(platformInfos, $each, $each.platformName ==
$PLATFORM_NAME)....@count == 0

I then looked up the template in the code and attempted to use it in the
usual manner with:
fetchRequestFromTemplateWithName:substitutionVariables:

should work

Core Data complained that it could not resolve the SQL for
$each.platformName == $PLATFORM_NAME, "because of the RHS".

I would have thought that this variable would be replaced as normal, even though it is inside a SUBQUERY. Does anybody know if this is officially
disallowed, or a bug, or just developer-error somehow?

What your code look like for the substitution variables dictionary ?

- Ben