On 31 Aug 2009, at 15:33, I. Savant wrote:

On Aug 31, 2009, at 10:31 AM, jonat...@mugginsoft.com wrote:

Some time ago we learnt that compiling AppleScript in a GC app is unpredictable:
This still seems to be an issue on 10.5.7.
Does anyone know if SL has the fix in place?

 Yes. This was specifically mentioned in the release notes.

Thanks for the pointer. The notes say:

Bug Fix in NSAppleScript Running Garbage-Collected

In Mac OS 10.5 there was a bad bug in NSAppleScript that rendered it effectively incompatible with garbage collection. The symptoms were frequent crashes and spurious returning of errors. This bug has been fixed since Mac OS 10.5.3.

Can anyone confirm that 10.5.3 fixed this issue?

--
I.S.

Jonathan Mitchell

Developer