Thanks for the feedback.  In general, I've found that while the controls do,
indeed, seem to align the text correctly for input in bidi locales, there is
little support in things like IB for putting the label on a box at the top
right instead of the top-left, and also in code for determining what the
current writing direction is.

For example, I have a list I print out in my photo viewer that looks like:

Filename | DSC0001.jpg
Size | 2072 x 2048 pixels

that should be:

DSC0001.JPG | [al-Filename]
3072 x 2048 pixels | [al-Size]

in Arabic / Hebrew, etc ...

It looks like I'll just have to use other controls to do the same effect in
IB, and just check of locale.name == "ar" || "he" in code to do the reverse
drawing.

Still kinda shocked that this is it ...  Must be a lot of english speakers
in the middle east :)