On 31 Aug 2009, at 16:12, Greg Guerin wrote:

Alastair Houghton wrote:

*Technically* (since it's the word you used), that's copyright infringement, unless the owner of the aforementioned sound file (in this case Apple) says you can.

Technically, it MAY be copyright infringement. We don't know the owner of the sound, nor its provenance. It could be public domain or open source, or it could be licensed from another source, or Apple could be the copyright holder. We don't know.

How does that differ from what I wrote?  (Answer: it doesn't)

And it's all off topic.

I do agree that it isn't something we need debate at any length; I just thought that someone else might be able to locate the previous statement from Apple on the matter (since I don't recall where it was). I'm sure there was one, I just can't find it.

Kind regards,

Alastair.

--
http://alastairs-place.net