I'm using IKSlideshow to display images that I'm fetching from a server in the background. There is a thumbnail and a full-size version of each image. When IKSlideshow asks for an item at an index, if the full-size image is there, I give it the path to that cache file. If it is not there, I give it the path to the thumbnail and then initiate the download for the FS version.

That latter part is tricky here because I get a notification that the download is complete and then I call -reloadData and/or - reloadSlideshowItemAtIndex on the IKSlideshow object and ... nothing happens. In 10.5, I get -numberOfSlideshowItems called again on the data source, and in 10.6 absolutely nothing is called on my data source.

So ... what is it reloading?

More to the point: how can I get it to reload the image? Or any way of changing the image after it's been displayed?

Regression: in 10.5, I could go next/prev and then the larger image would display as it called -slideshowItemAtIndex again. In 10.6 it's caching that so I have to rely on the reload methods that don't appear to work...

Help?

AK