OK, mea culpa, this is not strictly about Cocoa, but I'm a member of this list and can see an obvious other list to join to post this (though perhaps someone will enlighten me).

I'm making a 'plain' foundation tool for the first time, though using things like Core Data within. I need to know when the app/tool is going to terminate (for whatever reason), primarily in order to do a final Core Data save if there are changes to persist, though there may be other things to do.

This sort of thing is easy in Cocoa, and in the distant past I've written Unix apps with signal handlers, which would probably work. However, I'm wondering if there's an in-between here. Maybe it's sufficient to have a top level exception handler around the code in main(...)?

Cheers

-- Luke