Hi All,

In my doc-based app, I need to initially display a startup window instead of a
new empty document. Its function would be somewhat akin to that of the Template
Chooser that comes up when you launch Pages.

I've scoured the texts about the document architecture but cannot find pointers
on how to do this.

So far this is the best idea I could come up with:

Implement NSApplication delegate applicationShouldOpenUntitledFile:, returning
NO, and implement applicationDidFinishLaunching:, in which the startup window
is launched. Then I manually call makeUntitledDocumentOfType:error.

It seems an ugly hack and I have a feeling it won't work 100% right. Is there a
better way to implement an initial window in a doc-based app?

Thanks,
Soong