Hey Brent, thanks that helps. This leads me to one more question.

Let's say I build my framework with two versions, A and B - A is the
base and B includes only the 10.6 features.

Is there a way in xcode to specifically tell the linker that it's it's
linking against A or B? The reason I ask is because in xcode when you
link against a framework you just tell it to link against a
".framework" folder. But How can tell the loader to load a specific
version (A or B) without having to modify the "current" symlink in the
.framework folder?

If I can accomplish this, then I can create two build targets. Each
just building either A or B, but then when I link against the
framework I can have it link A or B. Does that make sense?

Thanks