I have a service that can apply to multiple categories due to the pasteboard types it accepts. In Snow Leopard, for some reason, the service always shows up under the Pictures category even though it also accepts text. I want it to show up in the General category.

I'm aware of an apparently undocumented NSRequiredContext key called NSServiceCategory that manually sets the service category in the Keyboard preference pane, which is useful when the pane does not correctly categorize the service, which I'm guessing it does based on the name and pasteboard type. I know that you can use a UTI here to set the category, but what's the UTI for the "general" category? I tried searching for NSServiceCategory and found nothing, and searching for UTIs gives me results for a different meaning of UTI...

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>