I'd like to create a toolbar item similar to the "Mount/Unmount" item in
DiskUtility. Depending on the context the label will be set to a value
describing the action. For DiskUtility it is "Mount" or "Unmount".

This is easy enough, the problem is that the different label lengths cause the
toolbar to resize as the widths change. Visually not the nicest experience.

Is there a good way to set the minimum width of an item so that when a shorter
label is swapped in the toolbar does not compress (or expand when a longer
label is later set)? Playing with the minSize hasn't had the effect I expected.

Thanks,
-Andy