On Sep 16, 2009, at 10:28 AM, Markus Spoettl wrote:

Better, yes, though I haven't had many problems understanding the first version either. You mustn't be too hard on yourself.

  Hard on myself? Nah. I was laughing at myself. :-)

It was particularly funny when an angry person who shall go unnamed took every a few opportunities to hit me off-list any time I'd slip up. S/he had no idea whatsoever how much it only added to my laughter. :-D

I didn't think of changing the file extension, that would definitely work. Thanks for that! I'm loosing my precious file extension which I'm so fond of, though.

  I faced that once too. I got over it.

You might try simply expanding it. Say you named your "Retro Frabulator Document" as ".rfd". Why not call it ".retrofab" or ".retrofabdoc"? Obviously you don't want the extension to be ridiculously long but there are a LOT of custom doc formats out there (tens of thousands? hundreds of thousands?) and we have a more modern file system ... why limit ourselves?

--
I.S.