I've got a generalization in my core data model with entities named A, B, C let's say where A is a super class with subentities B and C.

A is not abstract, so if I create an A NSManagedObject, I need to create and relate a single B or C subclass object. How do I make this happen? I can create the entities, but HOW do I tell the model that object B is a subclass of object A (or vice versa?)

Note: I did create the model programmatically and the subentities have been set properly for entity description "A".

Here's my sad attempt to move forward. As you can see, I've created the objects I need, but B doesn't know that A is it's superclass object. What to do?

NSEntityDescription *aEntity = [[model entitiesByName] objectForKey:@"A"]; NSEntityDescription *bEntity = [[model entitiesByName] objectForKey:@"B"];

A *newA = [[A alloc] initWithEntity:aEntity insertIntoManagedObjectContext:context]; B *newB = [[B alloc] initWithEntity:ATC_Entity insertIntoManagedObjectContext:context]; Now I have poured through all the related docs, and to my repeated consternation there are a million examples using stupid 1:1 or 1:M relationships but barely a whisper about programmatic entity inheritance. Arggh! Appreciate any help or pointers to whatever I missed in the docs.