Hi,

I have a severe problem since using Xcode 3.2 (Snow Leopard required) for development. The problem leads to an interrupted build process in Debug Build Configuration, so I cannot debug my application.

In my application, I create ToolTipRectangles.
I need to display a custom tooltip (as the object does not have an own -description: method), so I override the following method of the NSToolTipOwner Protocol declared in NSView.h: - (NSString *)view:(NSView *)view stringForToolTip:(NSToolTipTag)tag point:(NSPoint)point userData:(void *)data;

My implementation looks like this:
- (NSString *)view:(NSView *)view stringForToolTip:(NSToolTipTag)tag point:(NSPoint)point userData:(NSString*)userData {
    NSString* string = [NSString string];
    if ([userData isEqual:@"myData"]) {
string = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"Patch count: %d", count]; // count is an integer instance variable in the calling class
    }
    return string;
}

Using Xcode 3.2 I constantly get these two **errors** (in Debug Build Configuration) or **warnings** (in Release Build Configuration): 1) /.../PlotController.m:239: warning: conflicting types for '- (NSString *)view:(NSView *)view stringForToolTip:(NSToolTipTag)tag point:(NSPoint)point userData:(NSString *)userData' 2) /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/.../NSView.h:343: warning: previous declaration of '-(NSString *)view:(NSView *)view stringForToolTip: (NSToolTipTag)tag point:(NSPoint)point userData:(void *)data'

The error in the Debug Build Configuration leads to an interruption of the build process, hence I cannot debug my application, **this is my main problem!!!**. The warning in the Release Build Configuration however leads to a properly built application. After running the application, the expected behavior works well, no issues at all.

Using Xcode 3.1.3 (and Leopard 10.5.8), there is nor an error neither a warning in both, Debug and Release mode. Everything works fine.

I also tried to change the Build Target OS to 10.6 only (it is currently set to 10.5, as the app should work on both, Snow Leopard and Leopard), but the same errors/warnings occurred also with the same result for the Release Build Configuration.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thanks for your answers.
- Claudio