On Sep 17, 2009, at 7:17 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

Hello,

I would like to make the text in a menu item bold, while maintaining
everything else exactly like in other menu items. Reading and
searching I managed to find the appropriate routines to do this, but I
seam to have found a big problem. NSFont menuFontOfSize with 0 as the
font size doesn't give the correct menu font size, it gives a 13 font
size which is smaller then the 14 size of all other menu items.

Is there any reliable way to get the right font size?

Hi Felipe,

The most reliable way is to ask the menu for its font, via the - [NSMenu font] method.

-Peter