On 22/09/2009, at 7:37 AM, Frederick C. Lee wrote:

So there's a lot of:
#define de2ra     1.74532925E-2       // Degrees to Radians.
#define pi           3.1415926535898     // Pi.

'pi' should already be defined by the fp/math lib, likely to greater precision than above.

For de2ra, why not make it readable? Readable names cost nothing, I use:

#define DEGREES_TO_RADIANS( x )         ((x) * 0.0174532925199432958)

There's no mistaking what's going on in the code and it looks like a function (though because I always use all upper case for macros, I can see it's a macro anyway). Also, use brackets to make sure variables and macro expansions are compartmentalised in such a way that compound statements won't break them, introducing bugs that can be a devil to spot.

Also, if you collect your macros together into one header file and included where necessary, you can a) avoid writing them over and over again (possibly making an error in one copy and causing a bug) and b) lessen the problem you're having, where you end up with multiple definitions colliding in the namespace.

--Graham