On Sep 22, 2009, at 8:37 PM, jon wrote:

great, found it, Thank you..... do you (or someone) know how to get the current machine's default Email address for sending email?

I personally don't have a default email address. I have one for home and two for work, and which one I want to use is really dependent on what exactly the message is. Please don't try to hardwire this decision — leave it up to the user if there are multiple addresses.

Also, be really careful with your UI. Make it clear to the user that your app is going to send an email on their behalf. Make sure the user knows the sender and recipient addresses, and if possible the message body, and don't send without confirmation. If any user ends up being surprised by the fact that your app sent mail from them without their consent, your app will be accused of being malware.