On Sep 24, 2009, at 6:38 AM, Ricky Sharp wrote:

This is possible, but only over WiFi. I'm currently working on a feature to do bi-directional syncing between the Mac and iPhone versions of my app. I'm also using Bonjour for self-discovery (if you go this route, make sure to register your service at www.dns-sd.org )

Another plug for my MYNetwork library, which is being used by several Mac-and-iPhone apps (including VoodooPad) for exactly this purpose. It takes care of the Bonjour discovery and socket gunk and lets your app send messages and replies back and forth, which is a lot easier than making up your own protocol.

http://bitbucket.org/snej/mynetwork/