On Friday, September 25, 2009, at 09:56PM, "Rick Mann" <rm...@latencyzero.com>
wrote:
>What is the control at the top of the IB Inspector panel? Is it just
>buttons arranged next to each other?
>
>I presume it's a tabless NSTabView for the content beneath.

So one would think, but a little poking around with F-Script Anywhere indicates
that the row of buttons is a custom view class called IBInspectorModeView, and
the main content also uses custom classes without an NSTabView anywhere in the
hierarchy.  Anyone's guess is as good as mine as to why it was done this way --
maybe it was the easiest path to get the exact custom behavior they wanted.

I suspect there are third-party libraries to do what you want -- I'm pretty
sure I've seen one or two tutorials somewhere.

--Andy