thank jerry i'll look at your project.  the only issue i'm having is in leopard
so i'll definitely have to do something that works there.  i'll post back,

rick

________________________________
From: Jerry Krinock <je...@ieee.org>
To: cocoa dev <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2009 2:45:38 AM
Subject: Re: login items hide box

On 2009 Sep 24, at 06:25, Rick C. wrote:

> so i do need to update my code.  but i'll be on the lookout for potential
> LSSharedFileList issues.  thank you!

Just to clarify, unless Apple has silently fixed the bug in 10.6 and you're
using 10.6, I expect that you will see the same issue after updating to
LSSharedFileList.  Also, LSSharedFileList has another bug -- a difficult API
with not much documentation.  Two other developers have told me that they've
found my Cocoa wrapper helpful...

  http://sheepsystems.com/sourceCode/ssyloginitems.html

If you find that Apple has fixed the bug in 10.6, do let us know.

This email sent to jo_p...@yahoo.com