Hi,

I have a problem generating glyph for surrogate characters.

I have considered not to use glyphs directly, but since I need very fine control of the drawing of the glyph, this is a good solution for me. Having a glyph gives direct acces to both the boundingbox, the path and the advancement.

The documentation for the GlyphGenerator says that only one glyph is generated per character.

This is also what I see, if I use a LayoutManager to generate glyph.

If for instance NSTextStorage is set to @"\U0001D400", the following call to:

NSGlyph glyph = [layoutManager glyphAtIndex:i isValidIndex:&hasGlyph];

generates two glyphs, and not one as I hoped.

I have tried using glyphnames instead, but this is not an option, because not all glyphs in a font is name encoded. (I am not absolutely sure about this, but I can only retrieve glyphs with simple name like "tau", "delta", "infinity").

Kind regards,

Anders Lassen