On Sep 26, 2009, at 4:09 PM, Jon Hull wrote:
• I can get the NSRuleEditor to display menuItems from a popup loaded from the XIB (as in the example I found) • I can load in the plist and confirm that the resulting dictionary/ array structure as well as the return values for the #ofChildren method are correct

But when I create an NSMenuItem programmatically instead of grabbing a pre-made one, no menu shows up in the rule editor (only blank rows)...
[...]
- (id)ruleEditor:(NSRuleEditor *)editor child:(NSInteger)index forCriterion:(id)criterion withRowType:(NSRuleEditorRowType)rowType

Did you check whether this method is actually called -- not just that your data structure is what you think it is, but that this method is being executed? The typical suggestion here would be to make sure you remembered to connect your object as the delegate of the rule editor.

--Andy