Hi All:

I'm wondering what the best way to create a radar sweep effect is? (Like in old war movies?)

I was trying to create a shadow effect but that didn't look good as when the sweep line was at 0, 90, 180 or 270 degrees, the shadow wasn't very visible. And even using the shadow, it wasn't long enough with the values I tried. And I had tried afew.

I then tried the following:

        CGContextStrokeEllipseInRect(context, squareRect);

        //
        // Draw the sweep
        //
        CGContextBeginPath(context);
        CGContextSetLineWidth(context, 1.65);
        // CGContextMoveToPoint(context, centerPoint.x, centerPoint.y);
        CGContextSetRGBFillColor(context, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0);

CGColorRef color = CGColorCreate(CGColorSpaceCreateDeviceRGB(), shadowColor);
        CGContextSetShadowWithColor(context,

CGSizeMake(-2.0, 2.0),
                                                                5.0,
                                                                color);
        CGColorRelease(color);

        viewCoordinates[0] = centerPoint;

viewCoordinates[1] = [self convertToViewCoordinatesFromPolarAngle:nDegree

                                withRadius:radius];

viewCoordinates[2] = [self convertToViewCoordinatesFromPolarAngle: (nDegree - 5)

                                 withRadius:radius];

        CGContextAddLines(context, viewCoordinates, 3);

        CGContextClosePath(context);

        CGContextSetFillColorWithColor(context, [UIColor greenColor].CGColor);

        CGContextStrokePath(context);

In this code I was trying to get the triangle to be filled with a green colour, but that didn't work. But at least there's a triangle that is drawn where it should bet. (And yes I have read the various documentation, but nothing's jumped out as to what to use).

Can someone point me to a URL, sample code or make a (polite) suggestion?

Thanks in advance for your time

John