Hi guys,

I'm trying to implement a rather simple functionality in my app.

I have a Core Data entity class that represents invoices (Invoice). This class has a to-many relationship with another Core Data entity class that represents invoice lines (InvoiceLine). My Invoice class also has a property named "totalAmount" and my InvoiceLine class has a property named "lineAmount". I want the total amount of the invoice to be re-computed when any of the invoice lines amount changes.

Searching this list, I found that I need to add the invoice instance as an observer to the lineAmount property of any invoice line added with the "addInvoiceLineObject:" method. It works. But only when I explicitly use this method. When the invoice line is added using an array controller, the method is not called at all !!!

For example, I have an array controller named "invoicesController" that lists all the invoices of the database. Then I have an array controller named "invoiceLinesController" whose content is bound to "invoicesController.selection.invoiceLines". It works : invoiceLinesController actually contains the invoice inlines of the selected invoice in invoicesController.

Now, when I add a saleLine using the following command...

InvoiceLine * myNewInvoiceLine = [NSEntityDescription insertNewObjectForEntityForName:@"InvoiceLine" inManagedObjectContext:managedObjectContext];
        [invoiceLinesController addObject:myNewInvoiceLine];

...the "addInvoiceLineObject:" method of the selected invoice is not called, even if the invoice line is actually added to the invoiceLines mutable set of the invoice !

How am I supposed to add the invoice as an observer of the added invoice line (myNewInvoiceLine) properties ? Wy is the addInvoiceLineobject: method not called ? Is the array controller inserting the invoice line using primitive methods ? Is this the normal behavior ?

Thanks for your help,

Eric Morand.